Snowshoe Traverse of the Chablais
A unique 6 day snowshoe journey across the Chablais mountains: from Mont Blanc to Lake Geneva.
Day 1: Arrive in Mégevette. A single-timed transfer from Geneva Airport is included
Day 2: Snowshoe to Chapelle St Bruno via the Col de la Bray and Pointe des Jottis. Transfer to Bellevaux
Day 3: From Malatraix we cross the Tre-le-Saix plateau (1486m) and the Col de Seytrouset (1564m) to Le Biot
Day 4: Snowshoe beneath the Pointe de Cercle to the Montagne de Drouzin (1620m). Descend to Abondance
Day 5: Climb to the Mont Chauffe ridge at Col de la Plagne (1546m). Descend via the hidden hamlet of Ubine to Vacheresse.
Day 6: From Vacheresse to the village of Bernex via Mont Baron (1556m).
Day 7: Traverse of Mont Benand (1284m). Descend to Thollon-les-Memises (937m) and Lac Leman. Transfer to Evian- les-Bains.
Day 8: Departure day. It is possible to return to Geneva by ferry or train from Evian.
- 7 nights' accommodation in local hotels, usually 2*
- All breakfasts & evening meals
- A fully-qualified, expert snowshoe guide (International Mountain Leader)
- Daily luggage transfers
- Single-timed transfer from Geneva Airport to Mégevette at the start of the trip
- Local transfers from the trail head to our hotel when required (Bellevaux and Evian)
- Snowshoe equipment: snowshoes, poles, avalanche transceiver, shovel, probe
- Train or boat from Evian to Geneva at the end of the trip
- Personal drinks & snacks
- Travel / mountain rescue insurance