Alta Via 1 - Dolomites
A fantastic guided trek in the Dolomites.
Day 1 - Arrive in Cortina d'Ampezzo
Day 2 - Taxi ride to the Lago di Braies, then trek to the lovely Rifugio Pederu
Day 3 - Trek over the Passo di Limo, and then the Forcetta del Lago to reach the Rifugio Lagazuoi.
Day 4 - More spectacular scenery as we trek over to the Rifugio Averau
Day 5 - Rifguio Averau to the Rifugio Staulanza
Day 6 - Rifugio Staulanza or to the Rifugio Vazzoler
Day 7 - Rifugio Vazzoler to Rifugio Sebastiano
Day 8 - Trek from Rifugio Sebastiano to Rifugio Pian de Fontana.
Day 9 - Trek from Rifugio Pian de Fontana to La Stanga - take a taxi transfer to Cortina.
Day 10 - Departure from Cortina d'Ampezzo
The huts are absolutely fantastic, and all have excellent food, and most have small rooms rather than dorms.
The trip includes:
- Fully Qualified and Experienced IML
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts and evening meals
- Transport from Cortina d'Ampezzo to Lago di Braies at the start of the route
- Luggage transfers on 3 of the 7 refuge nights
- A shower wherever there is an additional charge for this in the refuges
- Airport transfers to and from Cortina d'Ampezzo
- Personal drinks and snacks
- Towel or sleeping bag liner hire in the refuges (best to bring your own)
If you are interested in a single supplement to guarantee your own room, please note that the single supp of £150 applies to the first and last nights in Cortina. It is sometimes possible for us to book you a private room in 3 of the rifugi - rooms are super-limited, but if they are available then we'll try to book them for you. A single supp for 5 nights in total is £230.